Monday 18 July 2011

Film treatment

So the scene is going to start out with a pan shot going across Burnside highschool with the song 'The way you make me feel' by Michael Jackson playing in the background. Then when the music hits its first accent beat when Michael Jackson screams, the camera cuts to me dancing around the school, thinking that I am 'Hot stuff' and own the place. There will be various shots of me doing this and there will be shots of other people's reaction to this behavior. This is to help bortray my passion for performing and dancing and it will help bring some comdey to the film.

As the chorus comes to an end in the film, the camera will cut straight to shot where there is a test paper beiong slammed on my desk from the my POV. The focus will then be put onto the grade 'Not achieved' and then there will be a long shot of me arguing my grade to my teacher5. The teacher says that shes going to contact my parents and tell them that my complete lack of focus and out of school committments are getting in the way of my school work. I then beg her to give me a second chance and then the teacher will give in and tell me to pair up with one of the other members in the class and they can tutor me that night and then resit the test again the next day.

The shot then cuts to me on the bus going to dancing. Still undecided on the types of shots i want to do for this part. Im going to have various shots from different angles with a sound track in the background ( Some sort of dancing music) of Dancers practicing. I will al;so have cutting to a scene where the person meant to be tutoring me is waiting for me to turn up so that I can finish my essay. In this scene there will be silence so that the audience can focus on the frustration of the character as they are having to wait. This will also give good contrast to the other scene where we are able to see the dancers enjoying themselves. The cuts will keep going untill we come to a shot where the person tutoring has left.

No comments:

Post a Comment